It’s that time of year….the largest street party in New Orleans, and possibly the United States….Mardi Gras!! Beginning Tuesday, February 12th, also known as Fat Tuesday, the fun begins. Most partiers plan for this trip all year while others make a last minute decision. Even though some hotels may already be filled, there are always cancellations, so don’t give up! No matter when you make your plans, transportation is an important decision. Many streets are closed due to parade routes, so parking becomes a major problem, and…..with the amount of people in attendance, taxis are hard to come by and even public bus transportation becomes an issue. This is where Holiday Coach Lines becomes a perfect solution….your own private coach!!
1. Get to the parade early because an hour or two prior to the parade is when most everyone arrives.
2. If you see unoccupied chairs or ladders, don’t move them because somebody will be watching.
3. Don’t be afraid to wear a costume because that’s part of the fun!
4. Always be aware of what weather is scheduled for the day.
5. When things are being thrown from the floats, try to catch them in the air. Use caution when trying to grab things off the ground….it can be dangerous!
6. Never run into the street to get the items that are thrown from the floats….also dangerous!
7. Plan ahead for meals/snacks. Restaurants are packed, although some take reservations.
Below is a list of some of the packages available where you can enjoy the parade and also enjoy some of that famous New Orleans food!
1. Michaul’s on St. Charles
2. Maison Bourbon Jazz Club
3. Bourbon Heat
4. Petite Bourbon
5. Rue Bourbon Balconies
Now that we’ve given you some ideas on how to make your Mardi Gras experience work for you, give us a call and let us help plan your trip. Whether you have 10 people or 100, you can be sure that we will be able to meet your needs! We have offices throughout Florida so call us today for a free quote. Hope to see you soon!